Thursday, September 2, 2021

Why I Love One Piece Dresses

Jumperskirts are great. The requirement of a blouse presents an easy avenue for highlighting certain colours in a print. Blouses in different styles also present the opportunity to change the look of the coordinate. 

I've always preferred one piece dresses, but in the past years, I've gained this appreciation for jumperskirts. Experimenting with which blouse to go underneath the dress is a lot of fun. 

As an example of this, I originally wanted the one piece dress of Angelic Pretty's Toy Fantasy. I changed my wishlist to be for the jumperskirt cut instead.


But I am having a personal renaissance with one piece dresses.

They are just so easy to wear. Sometimes, it's already kind of daunting to me to get dressed. So anything that makes it easier is a bonus. With a one piece dress, I can just put it on and instantly look cute.

I don't want to worry about wearing the same coordinate more than once (even though I do, even with non lolita items). It's nice to wear a coordinate I love over and over. 


All of this is really to say, I bought the one piece dress of Toy Fantasy in Sax.

Here are some coordinate collages:

Toy fantasy OP surrounded by a collage of sax coloured accessories to go with it.
A sax themed coordinate.

Toy fantasy OP surrounded by pink themed accessory items
A mostly pink (with some blue) themed coordinate.

I found it a bit hard to make coordinate collages because the print seems pretty detailed but I can't see it too well in the stock photo. Looking forward to seeing it in person :D


The toy fantasy print show in the different colourways.



1 comment:

  1. I would love to have more OPs, even though it would require a great deal of "but I'm running out of new coord options" anxiety calming (because this sort of anxiety is total BS and I know it, but it still takes time to unlearn). But considering how they are rarely made in sizes that fit me comfortably AND that they are often still the pricier option second hand, this is a very slow process.

    ReplyDelete

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...