Friday, May 28, 2021

Some Lolita Coordinates and... Yogurt and... Free Mug!

I felt like doing some spontaneous blogging today. Missing the days of LiveJournal where my friends and I used to write about whatever came to our minds. 

I decided to make a coordinate using my Chelsea skirt from Innocent World the other day. I really have been getting a lot of use out of this old school Angelic Pretty headbow. It's the one that I bought really stained, it was marked as a "garbage" item. I took it apart and did a heavy duty cleaning on. Not only did I get to learn some things about how Angelic Pretty constructs headbows but now I have this hair accessory that I'm really enjoying! I put a lot of time into rehabilitating it but it turns out it was worth it :D
~btw, is headbow a single word? Spellchecker tells me it's not, but I think it should be.
Taylor stands with hands behind head in a lolita coordinate with a skirt with cookies and bunnies on it. She's wearing heels and a bolero. There's a bag on the ground next to her.
Coordinate rundown:
Skirt, socks, shoes, bag: Innocent World
Blouse: Emily Temple Cute
Bolero: Bodyline
Headbow: Angelic Pretty

And of course, here's the first coordinate I wore with my new Angelic Pretty Toy Parade OP. I love this print! Ahhhh!!
Taylor is wearing a lolita coordinate with the Toy Parade one piece dress from Angelic Pretty. It has a collar and short puffy sleeves. The dress shows all sorts of toys in pastel colours. She's wearing matching socks, a pair of bear ears and golden shoes. She's also wearing big rose gold framed glasses.
Coordinate rundown:
Everything is Angelic Pretty! :o

Here's another coordinate I've planned for Toy Parade using a mint x pint combo:
A coordinate collage for the Toy Parade one piece dress including stock images of the melody toys ring, a headbow, a pink plastic bow necklace, tea party shoes, a square angelic pretty bag that came with a lucky pack and white and mint socks with some polka dots on them. There are wristcuffs with a bow and heart charm.
Coordinate rundown:
Headbow: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Everything else: Angelic Pretty 

As much as I like shopping for lolita, I really don't need to buy anything, so coordinate planning like this feels like a way to shop my own wardrobe. Reduces the risk of temptation. Actually, I just bought the socks in the above Toy Parade coordinate collage :x They're mint! I did need a mint pair of socks!
Okay, and here's another coordinate idea using my Bambi underbust jumperskirt from Innocent World:
Heh, it looks kind of funny with the socks and shoes like that.
A coordinate with the bambi underbust jsk from Innocent World, designed to look like a worn coordinate. There's the milk blouse underneath, socks, socks, a lotta necklace (lotta is a deer), a satin headbow and a big bag with a bow on it.
Coordinate rundown:
Dress, socks, bag, headbow, necklace: Innocent World
Blouse: Milk
Shoes: Offbrand



IN OTHER NEWS:
I made my own yogurt using soymilk and cashews and some leftover store bought yogurt. It was surprisingly easy! There's some rhubarb apple sauce on top. I ate it and didn't die! Hooray!
Holding a glass of yogurt with some rhubarb apple jam on top in front of a bunch of plants in the background.

Observe this cool mug someone left downstairs a while ago. People leave things they don't want in our lobby all the time and there are some cool finds. Including clothes. Nothing lolita of course, aha. Sometimes, I get really bad munchies so I try to drink herbal tea to help. Doesn't always work though T_T

Holding a mug with blue and white vertical stripes. There is a band of white polkadots on a blue background along the rim. There are flowers all over the mug on top of the stripes and polka dots.


I also started getting really into Avril Lavigne's old clothing line, Abbey Dawn. I found a shop on eBay selling a bunch of old leftover stuff that never sold from years and years ago. It's helped me to get out of the funk I was in with my non-lolita clothing. I was feeling... really uninspired and unhappy with my clothes. I guess I'm having a bit of a scene revival.  
 

1 comment:

  1. You have a Corridor of Gifts too! That's what I call the one in the building that I live in, since to me 'lobby' sounds like someplace that has a front desk, which my building doesn't. It's such a lottery on whether people will leave you treasure or junk, but when it works, it really works. That mug is very cute, it has a strong Cath Kidson vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...