Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Moving and Consequences

I moved to a new city!
I've only been here for a few days, but so far the area I am in seems super nice (which, it really ought to be considering my location).
All my lolita paraphernalia is packed away still. My mom is coming in a few days and she will help me unpack and organize. 
Unfortunately, this city is WAY more expensive than where I previously lived. It's likely I won't have nearly as much disposable income. It's a good thing that my wardrobe is already substantial and I still have many craft supplies to create things for myself. 
I am now in a city with what appears to be an active lolita community, which is very cool. I hope I can make some friends through the fashion. Does this mean I will wear lolita more frequently? My mind goes from wearing lolita more frequently to perhaps needing to buy more things to the whole lack of money situation. Realistically, I don't think I do need to buy anything new. It would be a fun challenge to see how many unique coordinates I can come up with with the things I already own. Do you think I could come up with a years worth of coordinates? I have somewhere around 35 main pieces right now, including skirts. It could be possible (really? that's like 10 unique coordinates per main piece). I am definitely pro wearing the same coordinate multiple times. But, part of the fun is creating new coordinates... maybe I should try it.

2 comments:

  1. The thing that makes coords unique in my opinion are the builder pieces. Sure, you could re-wear the same base set (blouse, socks, shoes) with multiple main pieces and that gives you an X amount of coordinates - but that's easy mode. To me the fun and the challenge is when trying to mix and matchc things to be completely different from the previous outfits. So once you have your stuff out, play around with it, do some flatlays, try layering things differently (like cutsews over JSKs) and see what sticks. The good thing is that it's not sustainable for every meetup in the year to be a fancy tea party, so you will get plenty of wear out of casual coords, giving you more time to get/craft extra bits for any fancy or themed outfits later. Enjoy your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely agree. I like to use different blouses and socks. I would like to try more layering though, like adding different aprons or overskirts. I want to experiment with adding things like brooches and other accessories as well. (also, sorry my response is coming so late ^^; I thought I had responded a while ago and haven't been back to check on my blog with everything going on here)

      Delete

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...