Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Updated wish list

Wish list is updated. I'm not actively searching for most of them. They are the items I'm currently fancying. Mostly, nothing was removed except marshmallow bunny in white (I decided I am happy with it in pink) and the Yolanda Berry River triangular headscarf which I have since acquired. There are actually a few accessories that I didn't add to the page. Mostly just things that match with stuff that I either already have or is on the list.

Yesterday, I spent the whole day reconstructing my old Squirrel Party OP into a skirt. It was totally destroyed. Not even nicely dismantled. After all the length I lost because of this, it's still kind of long on me.
The skirt turned out okay. It's a bit too big on me. I added some ribbon to have a tiny bit of corset lacing in the back.
Waist ties and bow on the front still need to be sorted out. Not sure about adding waist ties. I wasn't sure about adding the original bow back on the front either, but my sewing job on the front band is not super great so I think adding the bow is best. There is also a spot on the front that was totally torn that I stitched back together that needs to be covered anyway. The bow will be sewed on, i.e. not detachable because it's rather large and I do not want it to be floppy. It's possible to use multiple pins but I'm not sure I'll ever want to wear it without the bow. Must think about it.
I feel more confident about elastic waist bands now, at least.

In other news, I'm moving in a month. I'd like to do a room tour, but my room is an absolute mess the past few weeks. Will I have the energy to clean it? Two of my previous rooms, I wanted to do a tour  video of and never did. I regret it. :( Maybe I should just do it with a messy room because that's reality.

This month went by crazy fast.

Yesterday, when I was working on sewing the skirt, it went by crazy fast especially. At the end of the day, I felt like I'd only just woken up.

I have been having a hard time falling asleep. Maybe anxiety about moving. Last night, I had a dream where so many different bad things happened that it's almost comical. Like all my anxieties coming out into a single dream. Glad real life isn't like that :)

Since I'm moving, it makes it really easy to not spend money. Don't want to buy things and then have them shipped to the wrong address! I will have mail forwarding in place of course, but I feel more secure having things sent to the correct address initially. Actually, I made an order at the beginning of the month (I think?) for a MeLikesTea petticoat and bloomers (yay!). It will put mail forwarding to the test. Their website said something like, wait until you are sure of your address to order because we can't change the shipping address for you after your orders been placed but the bloomers were a pre-order and I'm not sure how often those things happen.

Also, sharing two prints that I added to my wishlist.

Fantastic Carnival by Angelic Pretty. I really love these carousel animals and the banners and the balloons. I don't love any of the cuts released, but they are tolerable. I cannot decide whether I prefer the OP or JSK. It's definitely about the print for me with this one. I think the pink colourway provides the best contrast with the print.

Melody Toys by Angelic Pretty. I've got a few musical prints and I'd like to add this one to my collection. I love the shade of blue. The horse with the drum is so cute. 

Okay, that's it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you saw, but AP hinted at there being a re-release of Melody Toys in their latest catalogue (MintKismet shared some quick pictures on her Facebook page).

    I feel you so much on the moving being a motivation to not spend money. I'm sort of in the same boat - sort of because I would have been moving, but with all this coronavirus havoc it's now not guaranteed that I will. So until I know for sure I'm avoiding buying anything that would take too long to arrive or where I couldnt' change the address.

    And don't feel too discouraged about your Squirrel Party alteration. At least you did it on a dress that is relatively easy to replace and probably learnt a lot in the process. People don't lok very up-close at your pieces when you wear them because that's rude and I'm sure that once worn, the faults you mentioned won't be noticeable. If/when your skills improve, you may be able to fix what you couldn't get right now, for now it matters that you have a wearable skirt :)

    ReplyDelete

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...