Monday, July 1, 2019

Picnic

We had a picnic meetup on Saturday. The weather was over 30 Celsius but by the water in the shade we were totally fine. Surprisingly, some people didn't show up so it really was just my direct group of friends. Which was fine! I think my sister was a bit disappointed though.
The meet was supposed to be strawberry and sweets themed so I wore Sheep Garden with my new Strawberry Parlour hat WHICH DOES NOT FIT ME >:(

Charlotte's coordinate was super awesome:

Mostly Putumayo 

She borrowed one of Brittany's wigs. Brittany and I were together at the drug store when she found that wig. It is by Gothic Lolita/Rockstar Wigs. I was surprised to see it there and on sale.


My brother also came with us! Him and his friends are into men's fashion. They have a lot of really nice and unique pieces of clothing. He complimented Raymond on his coordinate. Maybe one day my brother could get into Aristocrat. He is really thin (despite his ability to eat inhuman amounts of sugar) and only a bit taller than myself so he would definitely fit into brand clothing.


Brittany wore her bunnies and tea cups JSK and cute butterfly clips in her hair. Sadly, I didn't get any good shots of her outfit. 

All our snacks! I brought iced tea. The flavour was Sunny C from David's Tea. I brought orange pekoe in a thermos and some soy milk to go along with it. For snacks I brought golden oreos, tea biscuits, dried fruits, chocolate, peanut butter and the jam that my husband made. I highly suggest golden oreos/tea biscuits paired with strawberry/raspberry jam. It is a very good combination and everyone else thought so too. >:)

I brought 70% and 90% chocolate. We all tried both to compare. The 90% didn't even taste much like anything, it was just powdery. 70% was the best.

Raymond brought a whole bunch of snacks from Japan, Brittany brought fruit salad and dates (which were far superior to mine), cookies and trail mix, my siblings brought strawberries and candies. One of the candies were like gum drops with fruit and mint flavour combined together. It was unexpected! I didn't read the package label first ><;

Overall, we had a good time looking fancy and snacking. I was too tired to go through with finding someone to take our group's photo and then posing and everything so these snap shots will have to do. Brittany and I are currently discussing planning a meet up ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Casual picnics with closest friends are the best! And I'm impressed/envious how your brother is also dressing stylishly - we need more men to realise that they can wear whatever makes them happiest and not just whatever jeans and T-shirt are currently on sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I don't know if it's just a societal thing that many men don't seem to take what they wear into much consideration but I think it's great when men do take an interest in fashion.

      Delete

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...