Thursday, June 20, 2019

Hats. Let's Get Some Hats.

I recently watched the original Mary Poppins film and was inspired by the hats that Jane has in the movie.
Three hats on a wooden floor. It is from a scene in Mary Poppins. There is a black hat and two straw hats. One straw hat has blue ribbon and flowers the other has a black ribbon.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate Jane's hats?

I'm wondering why the majority of straw hats in lolita fashion are similar to boater hats and not rounded like the hat with the blue ribbon in the bottom right corner of the image above?

I don't really like mini hats. I used to like them a lot when I was younger. What happened?

Anyway, Jane's hats give me inspo to get myself some more hats. Ones that I am currently in love with:

A straw hat with white lace on a mannequin.
Charlotte Ribbon Straw Hat

A collage of two images of a beret. The first is a top down view showing the top of the beret, with blue ribbons, pink lace and pearls. The image on the right shoes the beret on a mannequin.
Rosy Ribbon Beret

In other news, Amino now has ads. I don't know if I'm going to be using it anymore... Probably, I need some time to get over the disappointment. I hardly ever use Tumblr now because of the ads though, so maybe I wont get over it. :(
If there was an option to pay some amount to have no ads, I would consider it. (This goes for Amino and Tumblr)

2 comments:

  1. Hats are amazing! I love vintage hats with lolita, though every now and then a Japanese brand comes up with something that has me like OOOH (usually though it's either something so simple that I don't buy it because 'I could make it (not that I actually will)' or something so outrageous that I can't justify it).
    As for ads on Amino - you know that I use it daily and haven't noticed? The only ones that I did notice is the pop-up banner after you do your lucky draw and it asks you about paying 4 coins for something, so you have to click no every single time to close the window. But other than this I haven't noticed a single one. I only use the Lolita Amino though, maybe it's more noticeable on other ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have not checked any other Amino since seeing the ads, only the Lolita Amino. They're embedded in posts and on the feed. For example, on Anna Maria's current featured post, there are SIX adverts. They are present between every 1 - 3 images. On the feed, there is an ad every 5 posts.

      I was really thinking about decorating a straw hat myself, but the local craft store hats are quite low quality. I looked into making a straw hat from scratch and it looked a bit hard to do (though I really didn't research into it that much).

      Delete

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...