Thursday, June 13, 2019

Vegfest and Finally Finding a Sought After Item

We went to Vegfest on Sunday. My friend and I wore lolita. I decided on country lolita because I was feeling very summery.

A lolita girl (me) standing in a park in front of a windmill. Yellow dress from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright, white socks, brown boots, a straw hat and holding a straw bag in one hand and a white parasol in the other.
I talked about this photo on my tumblr (which I post to infrequently). I find myself wearing these boots a lot, but they're not lolita. They're comfortable, they go okay with most coordinates that feature brown. I'm interested in anything to make lolita more wearable for me. I've thought about buying a pair of pink converse. THE TREACHERY! The store at the mall carries pink converse but for some reason they are the ONLY pastel converse they have that is made with leather.

Two lolita girls. The one of the left is gothic lolita wearing a dress called Nameless Poem. She is wearing black and white tights, black boots and a black beret. The girl on the right is wearing a yellow dress with brown boots, white socks, a straw hat and is holding a straw bag. They are standing in a park.
We are the cutest
At Vegfest we tried free samples, tried a vegan pepperette, got vegan donuts, petted some dogs and browsed art. We also bought a few groceries. I finally got to try the beyond meat sausage. Holy crap, it's so much like the real thing! ~spooky~

Also! I FINALLY found a strawberry parlour hat!! How long did I wait to find it...? The last listing for the hat on Lacemarket was in April 2018! So I've been waiting over a year. Excited I've finally found it.
Angelic Pretty Strawberry Parlour Hat. It is a boater hat with a pink ribbon around the and a pink bow. There is white lace along the brim and the pink ribbon. There are two crocheted strawberries attached to the bow.
This colourway <3
Source: Lolibrary
It's going to go with my Sheep Garden OP. More country lolita aesthetic huhu~

I was really very busy the last month. I got married, I graduated from university and I went on my honeymoon to Las Vegas. I will have more free time now. 

1 comment:

  1. Making lolita more wearable is a goal worth focusing on. I should do more of that myself and am sort of doing it, having gotten more into skirts and solids, which are easier to wear to work - but shoes is a definite area for improvement.

    ReplyDelete

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...