Sunday, April 10, 2022

Goodbye to my hair, hello to pining over dresses yet again and will I ever stop obsessing over cooking?

March flew by really fast. I was pretty busy the whole time but I can't exactly remember much of what went on. My last post was the only time I wore lolita in March. Surprising!

I didn't get a chance to make the headdress to match Doll's Tea Party yet. I am unsure of when I will have enough free time to do it.

Recently, I decided that I want to be less interested in cooking to have more free time but so far I have failed. T__T 

I also cut off all my hair finally. I feel a lot better about my appearance now. This means I had to break out the wigs I've kept stored away for so long in order to wear lolita (in a way that makes me happy with how I look. I am not saying one needs long hair to wear lolita, I am just super critical of myself). 

The author stands in front of a mirror in an all ivory coordinate with brown pumps that have a trump suit running down the front strap. They are wearing a long auburn wig with bangs. The dress is a jumperskirt with a tiered skirt. The blouse is long sleeves and is the same colour as the dress. The dress has a small bow on the front of the same fabric.
Here's my trying out a wig for the first time in a few years.

Does it obviously look like a wig? Does it matter when it comes to lolita anyway?  XD
This FINALLY gave me the push to trim the bangs on the other two of my wigs. I think I did a much better job than my attempt with my pink wig years ago. I will probably try to fix the bangs on that pink wig, if possible. Additionally, I hope to get a wig closer to my natural hair colour.


In other news, the most recent Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Release is killing me because I told myself I'd buy no more lolita this year. But... LOOK !!
It is a jumperskirt with a scallop hemline and crocheted lace. There is corset lacing down the front. It is a plaid pattern in blue and yellow. Very spring/summer vibes! It has two pockets on the front of the skirt with crocheted lace trim and ribbon tied in a bow. It also comes with two small ribbon hair clips.
Scallop hem tartan check jumper skirt set

I feel like that crying trollface meme. Or the Spongebob "I don't need it" meme. An almost-the-same dress in a different colourway is currently sitting my closet. I just love the way it looks though!!

Last week, I revisited the idea of potentially selling off some of my wardrobe, but confirmed once again that I love everything I have. 

Along the lines of cutting off my hair, I am also working on building muscle in my upper body to help with the dysmorphia. This means I need to eat a lot more protein, which is probably why I've failed to banish thoughts of cooking and recipes from my mind. And to take it one step further in the hypocrisy I might be creating some recipe blog posts. Originally I was putting recipes on a separate page but I have never been totally pleased with that format so I am going to start adding them as regular posts. 

Kind of concerned about dresses no longer being able to fit my arms but IG will cross that road when I get there.


Bye for now~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...