Friday, March 13, 2020

Some Food Related Topics

I recently received Peter Rabbit's Cookery Book in the mail and it inspired me to want to write out some recipes and put them on this blog. There is now a Recipes page. I was intending to just write recipe posts, label them and then create a page that links to posts with that label. However, I don't want recipe posts showing up in the main blog. I'm not posting anything spectacular. Like the rest of this blog, it's just for myself for fun.

The cover of Peter Rabbit's Cookery Book by Beatrix Potter shows Peter rabbit eating some long scarlet radishes in a garden. A robin is sitting on the handle of a shovel in the ground next to the rabbit.

On the topic of Peter Rabbit's Cookery Book: It's a cute book (it is made for children). The recipes are frequently things with pastries, eggs and meats with vegetables here and there. I think I will endeavour to make a vegan version of each recipe. This particular edition of the book is from 1987.

On the general topic of food: People in my country are starting to go a little bit crazy over the spreading COVID-19. There is footage of a grocery store lineup that circles around the store. My husband and I stopped at the grocery store last night and it was busier than we've ever seen. We have a good supply of non-perishables but I wanted to buy longer lasting vegetables as well.

I don't know why, but I want to list what vegetables we've "hoarded" and their estimated shelf life given proper storage:

Potatoes ~ 2-3 months
Sweet potatoes ~ 1 month (outside of fridge), 2-3 months (in fridge)
Cabbage ~1-2 months (fridge)
Rutabaga ~ 2-3 weeks (fridge)
Carrots ~ 1 month (fridge)
Onions up to 6 months
Apples ~ 1 month (fridge)
Tangelos ~ 2 weeks (fridge)

A wooden bin filled with potatoes and one large sweet potato.

Also, I have things in the mail and I am a bit concerned about what might happen to them. One package contains Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Blooming Snow White underbust jumperskirt. Seems like a frivolous thing to worry about, I suppose.


Misako Aoki modeling the Blooming Snow White jumperskirt in green colourway. She is wearing a blouse with princess sleeves, tights and flat shoes. She is holding a basket of apples. There is a fake deer next to her. She is standing in front of a forest background. There is a red curtain off to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...