Friday, July 12, 2019

Ponders and Pictures

Pondering about my style right now. It seems I am evolving more towards classic-sweet and away from sweet. It's difficult because I value my old Angelic Pretty prints (Milky-Chan, Vanilla-Chan, etc), but maybe I should let some of them go? On the other hand, I am really wishy-washy when it comes to just about anything. I might just as soon go back to loving sweet next week. 

Some other random thoughts:
  • I want to sell things, but I have a hard time letting go, even things I have never worn or haven't worn in years.
  • I think I have way too many things in baby pink. I find it hard to wear something that has too much solid vibrant pink on it.
  • Sweet classic seems easier to wear and more true to my heart.

A shot of the shoulder of a jumper skirt dress. Underneath is a dusty pink blouse. The JSK is Innocent World's Forest Harvest Festival in beige. The central piece in the photo is a brooch. It has purple flowers and a butterfly. The brooch is pined to the shoulder strap of the dress.
I want to get more brooches. I think they just add something more to a coordinate. I have had this brooch for a really long time and I think it goes quite well with this print. Also, it seems a lot larger in real life?

A handmade lavender lolita hair piece. It has a bow made of ribbon on top of a bow made of lace on top of a tiered cotton with lace trim bow. It is placed atop Angelic Pretty
I finally finished the headdress I wanted to make for Whimsical Vanilla-Chan. I actually started all over again and took everything apart. I had stopped making this headdress/head bow when I finally acquired the matching head bow to the dress. However, the matching head bow is WAY too big for my tiny head. It looks ridiculous. Upon inspection, I realized that the one I was originally making was also way too big. For the revised plan, I drew inspiration from the head bows of IW's Delft Lotta and AP's Wonder Memories. I'm still undecided about sticking a clip on the back of this or putting a plain headband through it.

An off white OP. It has crisscross lace on the bib of the bodice. The print of the dress shows forest animals such as deer and foxes. There are also humans on the print and wolf-life dogs. There are ruffles at the bottom of the dress. It has long sleeves.
This OP is The Tamers by Smoothy. I've never heard of this brand before, I am really uneducated on Chinese brands. I'm super tempted to pre-order this dress. It was actually an Instagram advert from DevilInspired that showed (showed... is that even a proper word?) this to me. I guess ads really do work sometimes ^^;
Why do I like long-sleeved OPs so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...