Saturday, July 23, 2022

Bunny Pocket OP

A goal I had a few months ago was to not buy any more lolita for quite some time. I've stuck to this goal!
Angelic Pretty announced they were re-releasing the Bunny Pocket OP, though. This was worth breaking from my embargo on lolita fashion. 

The bunny pocket OP in the sax colourway. It has bunny face shaped pockets on the skirt, corset lacing on the bodice and a scalloped double hem.

So then, I spent a lot of time thinking about which colourway to ask my shopping service to purchase. All the colourways are wonderful, I'd be happy with any. I'm always partial to blue, but the first time I saw this dress was in Shelby Cloud's video and hers was pink. So pink has a special meaning for me. The red x white or black x white combo also were super cute. After much deliberation, I put in an order with a shopping service listing the order of my colour preferences, in case my number one choice was unavailable:
#1. Sax
#2. Pink
#3. Black
#4. Red

The Dot Michelle Katyusha matched the dress really well. I requested they purchase it in the same colourway as whichever dress they managed to get.

Sadly, the dress sold out instantly. At 11:00 PM EST I refreshed the page and it was sold out. I never even saw the dress in stock! Only the listing preview page and then instantly sold out! Totally bonkers.


Hopefully, it will also be sold at Angelic Pretty USA, but it wasn't even listed on Angelic Pretty Paris' webstore and I think Paris usually lists at the same time as the Japan store. 


It's always so hard to gauge what level of interest a dress is going to have, especially now that I don't use Instagram very frequently. 

...

To think I spent all this time trying to choose a colour and also whether or not to try for the Japan store or to try and wait for the USA store. All that worry for nothing! I can't help but laugh a little.

2 comments:

  1. AP Paris have sent out emails earlier today that they're doing the reservations for this, so you still have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I saw that AP Paris has it! But at the price it's listed for, I might as well buy it from a scalper on the secondhand Japanese market. The exchange rate from euros isn't great right now and I don't want to risk customs on top of it. I am going to wait for AP USA to get it (assuming that they do?) because it will be more affordable I am pretty sure. Thanks anyway though!

      Delete

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...