Sunday, January 9, 2022

Randomness January 2022

Just felt like making a random blog post.

I removed Instagram from my phone. I'll just be accessing it on my computer. 

Some pretty things I received for Christmas:

Gold eyelash curler white rhinestone encrusted handles.
Rhinestone encrusted eyelash curler!

Variety of makeup brushes in a pill shaped tin. Brushes have blush coloured bristles and the handles have pink glitter inside a clear plastic.
Sparkly makeup brushes. Rarity approves!

I also received some of Johanna Basford's colouring books. I've always wanted one!

The holidays were fine. We decided not to see any of our friends while vising our hometown, to be safe. This made the trip a lot more relaxing. Otherwise these visits are filled to the brim with social engagements and it's tiring. But we also didn't get to see any of our extended families and that was disappointing. 


I finished reading the novel the Clan of the Cave Bear, lent to me by my mother-in-law. The beginning of the book was good and caught my interest right away. But my overall impression now that I've finished it is negative. I don't want to read stories about violence against women. Maybe there is some catharsis there for some people, but it is not for me. The author also spent too much time dwelling on insignificant details. The writing became sloppy towards the middle. 

It's given me some things to think about with my own writing. 

I remember reading Ann Leckie's philosophy that every sentence of the story should be significant and useful. At the time I disagreed because I preferred to view writing as a form of art. The more polished and manufactured something becomes moves it farther and farther from art. To me, art is some raw expression of the human condition. But 100% this is not always the case. The definition of art is tenuous. 



I haven't begun working on a lolita fashion wardrobe post yet. I've been struggling with my health. I hope I can manage to do it. 

I haven't even felt like making a year in review post for 2021, but maybe I will find a way.

The author is wearing Angelic Pretty's Toy Parade one piece dress. Wearing a handmade satin ribbon headbow, a cardigan with crocheted lace and over the knee socks with lace and ribbon. They have a present box necklace on and a plastic bear brooch pined to their breast. The photo is taken in a mirror. Their face is covered by the phone used to take the photo. There are boxes of Crayola pencils and colouring books on the floor behind them on a small Persian rug.
I wore Toy Parade the other day. Happy prints make me feel better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...