Sunday, December 27, 2020

Angelic Pretty Marine Print Appreciation Post

Can we talk about how on point Angelic Pretty's marine themed dresses are?

Recently, a friend and I were discussing marine prints. I noted that I really admire them, but have never paid much attention to them because they aren't featured in my wardrobe. I started browsing on Lolibrary (a dangerous activity) and noticed something about marine themed dresses. Oftentimes, both the print and the construction are marine themed. 

Let's appreciate some of these dress designs!

First up is Aquarium Carnival. Just look at the top of this dress. If you look closely, it looks just like a jellyfish! The tiered ruffles on the bottom remind me of scallops.

Chateau d’ecume is an underappreciated print. Is it because there are too many frills? Or is it the name? To me, Chateau d’ecume evokes the feelings of an underwater princess. It's extravagant, the pearls along the neckline, the excessive ruffles evoke a bubbly/frothy underwater feeling. 

Dream Marine also has the jellyfish vibes going on. The ruffles on the bottom are so jellyfish/translucent sea creature to me. I imagine the wearer of this dress might start to float away! The sleeves also give me a kind of jellyfish or squid effect.

Jewel Marine. The bodice of this dress is amazing. It looks like a shell!! The bottom of this dress is also great. It makes me think of something like shells or coral.

Jewelry Aquarium is simpler, but still the cascading ruffles on the bodice looks like water pouring over a falls.

Marine Kingdom is another dress with a great bodice. The pearls, the scalloped neckline. When I look at the top of this dress, it almost looks like I'm staring at the water's reflection on a grotto. 


I saved Sleeping Deep Sea Stars for last because it's just incredible. The lace, especially down the front of the bodice looks like waves. The bows along the front of the skirt remind me of some sort of bow-shaped jellyfish. There are many construction details to appreciate. This is the dress I image a queen of the sea to wear.


Have you noticed the blending of the theme into dress construction in any other themes? After doing so much searching on Lolibrary, I have seen it done in other prints, but for some reason, the marine ones really stand out to me. 

The reason why I probably am so surprised by all of this is because I tend to have animals as my theme. I'm not sure how well animals lend themselves to dress construction. Sure you can add a fuzzy pompom to the waist-ties, but that really doesn't compare to making the entire bodice look like a jellyfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings on a Sunday

 It's the first time I've worn lolita in a while.  My coordinate for church: I can't wait to get my new bag from Cotton Candy Sh...